Wednesday, October 9, 2013

so, why are we writing this blog?

                                
The inspiration for this blog came from the desire to walk through life more intentionally. It is so easy to get bogged down with random priorities, that when “free time” does come around it is usually spent vegging out in front of the television, at least that’s what it means for me. I don’t think there is a problem with enjoying a good movie or show every now and then, but I have been getting frustrated with myself when I sit down to watch T.V. with no plans in mind and the next thing I know it’s been six hours. Life is moving fast and it seems that I am always looking forward to what’s next instead of taking full advantage of where I am in the present. This blog is my accountability to live with more purpose and to share it with the people I love. I asked my best friend Brit to partner with me in this blog for many reasons, the main one being that she is my role model and I feel that everything she does has a purpose. We are both entering into new seasons in our lives; Britni is a new mom, and I am preparing to move to a new city in a few months. As our lives change and evolve, this blog can keep us connected while we take the steps to live our lives with intention. Intention to love our families, our friends and our cities. You are welcome to join our journey of living life on purpose.

-Jordie


No comments:

Post a Comment