Thursday, October 24, 2013

the things that make a new momma smile...

I've recently noticed that there are quite a few things in my day to day life that bring me joy, that will presumably only make sense to other new moms...but I believe they are worth sharing. If nothing else, it's a reminder to me to embrace the smiles God gives me through the day, between the screaming baby and homework cramming moments:

-Clean (cloth) Diaper Day [the day when all of the cloth diapers are fresh out of the wash and fully dry, and you can rest easy knowing it will be a good two days before the diaper-washing-process begins again.] I liken this feeling of freedom to that of a full tank of gas...it's a good day.

-When the spit up gets just enough distance to projectile over the clothes I just changed Shiloh into, but not so far that it lands on something difficult to clean (i.e. the couch cushion). Spit up landing on the sidewalk or linoleum is most preferable.

-When I discover a new article of clothing that fits again [it's like a gradual, free shopping spree!]

-Baby smiles and baby giggles

-When Shiloh gracefully falls asleep at his approximate naptime with no tears, fusses or tedious rocking required [this HAS happened on occasion!]

-Trips out in public [such as running errands or visiting friends] where Shiloh acts like a perfect, angelic child

-Lately, it has brought me great joy when Shiloh finishes a bottle [of milk that I worked hard to pump!] without too much objection

-Constantly remembering what a genuine honor and blessing I have been given by my Jesus to try and fill the humongous role of being Shiloh's mom.


I love this adventure of trying to daily live intentionally as a new momma, learning how to love in a new way and be loved in a new way... it's truly been beautiful.
[of course this post provides a perfectly appropriate opportunity to share a picture of my super handsome and adorable little man]
-Britni

No comments:

Post a Comment